What is Bitcoin?
Why would I use bitcoin?
- Peer-to-peer transfer of funds with no central authority providing the means for the transaction to occur (decentralized)
- Free and secure storage of wealth in virtual wallets with no limits to withdrawals or deposits
- Credit card payments are prone to fraudulent transactions
Where do I purchase Bitcoin?
- Quadriga CX – Bitcoin exchange based in Canada. You can buy bitcoin Interac Online.
- Kraken – World’s largest Euro-denominated Bitcoin exchange, based on daily average trading volume. It supports deposits from US, European, Canadian, British, and Japanese customers. Deposits can be made via bank wire, SEPA, SWIFT, and bank deposit (Japan only).
- Coinbase – Canadians can purchase bitcoins with a credit card. The fees are 3.99% per purchase, and you receive your bitcoins instantly.
- LocalBitcoins.org – You can find local sellers that you can purchase Bitcoin from using Cash, E-Transfers, PayPal and more.
- Bitcoin ATMs – Purchase Bitcoins using cash from local Bitcoin ATMs. To find one near you use this handy tool: https://coinatmradar.com/
You will need a Bitcoin wallet to transfer your Bitcoins to. Luckily, we have a short tutorial on setting up your first Bitcoin wallet.
Who accepts bitcoin?
- DISH Network – An American direct-broadcast satellite service provider
- Microsoft – Users can buy content with Bitcoin on Xbox and Windows store
- Bloomberg.com – delivers business and markets news, data, analysis, and video to the world
- Subway – American fast food restaurant franchise
- PayPal – Payment processing platform
- LOT Polish Airlines – A worldwide airline based in Poland
- Expedia.com – Online travel booking agency
- Rakutan – A Japanese e-commerce giant
Is Bitcoin Safe?
Who Created Bitcoin?
Disclaimer: CryptoCanucks.com is not intended to provide tax, legal or investment advice, and nothing on CryptoCanucks.com should be construed as an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a recommendation for any asset by CryptoCanucks.com or any third party. You alone are solely responsible for determining whether any investment, asset or strategy, or any other product or service, is appropriate or suitable for you based on your investment objectives and personal and financial situation. You should consult an attorney or tax professional regarding your specific legal or tax situation.