- Company Name: Giftcoin
- Country of Origin: United Kingdom
- Industry: Charity
- Concept Short Description: The worlds first cryptocurrency for charitable giving and good causes
- Description: Headquartered in London, Giftcoin was founded by veterans of the charity and tech industry. Its founders include Alex Howard, who created UK charity The Optimum Health Clinic, and Tim Bichara, co-founder of fintech start-up Q App, which last year was acquired by Yoyo Wallet.
Giftcoin’s aim is to revolutionise the charity sector through the implementation of blockchain technology, transforming the way that donations are received and tracked. The technology has the power to increase transparency by following expenditure of funds, keeping donors updated and restoring the public’s confidence in charities.
By building relationships with donors, it elicits greater support and donations, meaning that the causes people care about get the support they need to continue doing good in the world.
The funds raised from Giftcoin’s token sale via an Initial Coin Offering will be used to develop a prototype product, which is due to be released in May 2018. At that stage, their platform will work closely with a select number of charities to further develop the platform, before releasing the full product in September of next year.
To participate in the private presale, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The minimum to participate in the private presale is $10,000 USD.
- Crowdsale Open Date:
March 20 2018 @ 9:30 am
- Crowdsale Close Date:
April 19 2018 @ 4:30 pm
- Accepted Contribution Methods
- Token Name: Giftcoin
- Token Symbol: GIFT
- Blockchain Technology: Ethereum
- Total Token Supply: 200,000,000
- Crowdsale Token Allocation: 20,000,000
Product & Charity Evangelist, Co Founder
Enterpreneur & Investor, Co Founder
Thought Leader & Crypto Enthusiast, Co Founder
Technologist and Blockchain Enthusiast, CTO
Shirely Conran OBE
Author and charity activist Previously the women’s editor of the Daily Mail, Shirely has been heavily involved in charities for the last 30 years.